1. CONTRACT. The booking of Homelands for any period (to include short breaks as herein after defined) (“the Booking”) shall be between the Owner of the Property (“the Owner”) and the person(s) named on the booking form (“the Hirer(s)”) such expression to include any other person occupying the Property with the Hirer(s).
2. RENTS. All bookings are per week unless otherwise stated
3. PAYMENT & CONFIRMATION. Bookings are only made through the Owner in writing or email on the official booking form. Once the form and non refundable deposit of £100 per week are received, the Owner will confirm the details of the booking in writing or via e-mail to the Hirer. The balance of rent and a damage/telephone deposit of £150 per week (which will be banked) must be paid at least 42 days before arrival, without further demand. N.B. In the case of bookings made within 42 days of the commencement of the holiday the full amounts must be sent with the booking form. The acknowledgement of the balance (or full) payment will detail arrangements for access to Homelands.
4. CANCELLATION It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure they have adequate insurance cover for cancellation or curtailment of the booking. No refund of deposit or balance will be made unless Homelands is re-let for the same period.
5. PETS AND SMOKING. It is regretted that domestic animals are not permitted. However this does not guarantee that pets have never occupied the property. Allowances will be made for assistance dogs. There is no smoking in Homelands.
6. BED LINEN & TOWELS. Duvets, pillows, bed linen (apart from for cot), bath mats and kitchen linen are provided. Towels are not provided.
7. SIZE & PARTY. Homelands is equipped and offered for 8 people only. The person who completes the booking form certifies that he/she is over 21 years of age, a member of the occupying party and authorised to agree to the booking conditions on behalf of all party members. He/she agrees to take responsibility for all members of the party including any payment default or change in personal circumstances.
8. ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE. Homelands is available for occupation no earlier than 16.00hrs on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00hrs at the latest on the day of departure
9. WITHDRAWAL. In the unlikely event that Homelands is made uninhabitable for whatever reason (eg. by fire, or flood) the Booking will be cancelled; rent paid will be refunded. The Hirer shall not be entitled to any further damages.
10. EQUIPMENT FAILURE. Every effort is made to ensure all items of equipment described and supplied by the Owner are in good working order; however no guarantee is given or liability accepted if breakdowns occur before or during a holiday. Whilst the Owner will endeavour to organise repairs or replacements as quickly as possible, delays inevitably do occur, particularly during the main season.
11. TENANTS OBLIGATIONS.
i) The Hirer will take all reasonable care of Homelands and ensure that it and all equipment and furniture are left clean at the end of the Booking.
ii) The Hirer shall not do or suffer to be done in or upon Homelands any act, or thing which may be a nuisance, damage or annoyance to the Owner or occupiers of any adjoining premises.
iii) The Hirer will pay for the replacement or, as appropriate, repair of all furniture or household effects destroyed or damaged beyond repair and any additional cleaning necessary as a consequence of their actions. Damage or breakages to Homelands, its fittings or equipment must be reported to the Owner or caretaker immediately.
12. SECURITY DEPOSITS. A Damage/telephone Deposit of £150 per week (which will be banked) is payable with and in addition to, the balance (or full) payment of the Booking. This deposit is held against the obligations set out in Point 11 above and against the cost of telephone calls made during the holiday. Deductions will be made where applicable but do not remove the Hirer’s full obligations under Point 11 above. The balance of the Damage/telephone deposit will be refunded within 21 days of departure, subject to a satisfactory inspection of Homelands by the Owner or nominated representative. A copy of the telephone bill for the period will accompany the refund.
13. NOISE & NUISANCE. The Owner accepts no responsibility for work taking place outside the boundary of Homelands, nor for noise or nuisance resulting from third party activity over which she has no control or prior knowledge.
14. TERMINATION. The Owner reserves the right to terminate the Booking immediately without refund if any of the above conditions are not observed.
15. LOST PROPERTY. The personal belongings of the Hirer are their complete responsibility and no liability can be accepted for any loss or damage.
16. The Owner can take no responsibility for any personal injuries. The Hirer’s attention is drawn in particular to the property details about suitability for young children and persons with mobility problems.
17. CONDITIONS. These conditions supercede all those issued before.